35+ Years of Montessori Education For Our Preschool & Kindergarten Children Of Poway & San Diego
We at Montessori Child Development Center believe as Dr. Maria Montessori did that:
- Given the right environment, young children could learn almost anything.
- It is important that a Montessori school provide all the proven tools and methods developed by Dr. Montessori and perfected for the modern world as we do at MCDC.
- Children will thrive in a complete Montessori environment true to the Montessori Method, not just a few tools here and there.
- These learning materials must be in constant use by the children.
- Our classrooms are designed to promote independence, self-direction and self-discipline.
- Teachers allow children to create extensive knowledge of their world through exploration and observation, following their own interests at their own pace with the guidance of the adult.
- Highly qualified teachers observe and offer direction and support while children build their emotional, social, cognitive and creative abilities.
- The results are children who are engaged and interested in learning and eager to advance.
Looking for a preschool or child day care center or preschool in San Diego?
Consider giving your child a true Montessori educational experience. Montessori Child Development Center in Poway serves pre-school and kindergarten children in the San Diego communities of Ramona, Scripps Ranch, Rancho Bernardo, Rancho Penasquitos, Escondido, 4S Ranch, and Sabre Springs.
I believe young children thrive in an educational environment where they are treated like the unique individuals they are and are guided by teachers who love children and understand their needs.
At MCDC, children experience a deep sense of security and are motivated to learn by the warm, home-like setting that we have created for them. Situated in a large house re-designed for school use, surrounded by trees, vegetable and flower gardens, selected farm animals, and a big, grassy play area, learning at MCDC extends beyond the classroom to the gifts of the natural world.
I opened the school in 1978 to provide parents in our community with a quality educational alternative for their children. We have remained intentionally small so that we can maintain a close relationship with the children and their families. As ever, the staff and I are committed to giving every child an opportunity to discover and develop to their potential.
Thank you for your interest in MCDC; I hope that you and your child can visit our school in the near future. Please wander through this web site and then come by and see for yourself how children here learn to become happy, healthy, and capable individuals.